Random Calligraphy

Personal Reflections from an Imperfect Pen

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico

Publications: Japji Sahib: The Song of the Soul by Guru Nanak translated by Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa. Anand Sahib: The Song of Bliss by Guru Amar Das translated by Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa. Available through www.sikhdharma.org.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Guest Translation

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh.

One of the most beautiful aspects of studying Gurbani is to share ideas with other people who study it, as well. And to see all the different ways that the various souls relate to and express their understanding of the Guru's wisdom.

Inni Kaur, who many of you may know as the editor of Nishaan Magazine, recently shared her own translation of a shabad from Bhagat Namdev with me. I've posted it here for you all to enjoy.

All Love in the Divine,

Ek Ong Kaar Kaur

______________________________


To the seekers of Truth
I offer this translation of Bhagat Namdev’s Shabad.

Ang 485 of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Bhagat Namdev says:

My mind
Measures the
Ultimate
Destination.

My tongue
Chanting
Cuts
My sins.

The
Noose of Death
Hangs
No more.

Lineage
Caste
Gender
Meaningless.

Days
Nights
Absorbed
In the One.

I stitch
I sew.
Dyed
In Truth.

Simran
The golden needle
Truthful Living
The silver thread
Attaches me
To the One.

Inni Kaur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home